WebExtensions API Development¶
This documentation covers the implementation of WebExtensions inside Firefox. Documentation about existing WebExtension APIs and how to use them to develop WebExtensions is available on MDN.
To use this documentation, you should already be familiar with WebExtensions, including the anatomy of a WebExtension and permissions. You should also be familiar with concepts from Firefox development including e10s in particular.
- API Implementation Basics
- API Schemas
- Implementing a function
- Implementing an event
- Implementing a manifest property
- Managing the Extension Lifecycle
- Incognito Implementation
- WebIDL WebExtensions API Bindings
- How webext storage works
- Utilities for implementing APIs